GRANDMASTER H.K. LEE
Grandmaster H.K. Lee was born in Korea and later immigrated to the United States where he made Herndon, Virginia, his second home. He received his U.S. citizenship in 1981. Since then, Grandmaster Lee has dedicated himself to being a strong community-minded citizen of his new country.
In addition, Grandmaster Lee travels all over this and many other countries in order to help people in need and promote the benefits of TaeKwonDo for everyone. He has helped organizations raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity. his own TaeKwonDo Academy has raised tens of thousands of dollars for worthy charities.
Internationally known and respected as an exceptional TaeKwonDo technician, a top competitor, a caring talented teacher and a deep philosopher, Grandmaster H.K. Lee is an incarnation of Martial Arts excellence. He will personally help you to become physically and mentally fit and to be the best that you can be.
"What really made this the ultimate school is Headmaster H.K. Lee, one of the world's most famous and respected Grandmasters..."
"...Although Grandmaster Lee could obviously make more money by owning more schools like most other masters, to him TaeKwonDo is not a business but a life calling. Therefore, quality control comes first. He chooses to have just one best quality school. He is present most every day, he knows each student personally."
• Korean National President's Award, received at the Grande Opening of TaeKwonDo Won (Only 8 in the world received this honor!)
• U.S. TaeKwonDo Grandmaster's Society Hall of Fame (Ambassador Category)
• International Martial Arts Hall of Fame for Educational Leadership
• Certified High Rank Examiner by Kukkiwon
• Former Vice Chairman of Education for World TaeKwonDo Federation
• Former Chair of USTU (now USAT) National Education & Certification Committee.
• 9th Degree Black Belt by the Korea Moo Duk Kwan Association
• 9th Degree Black Belt by the World TaeKwonDo Federation HQ/ Kukkiwon
• Certified 1st Class International Grandmaster by Kukkiwon
• Author of "TaeKwonDo Instructional Reference and Curriculum Book"
• Cover story of Black Belt Magazine (January 1996)
• Two time cover story of Tae Kwon Do Times (1992 yearbook, April 1995)
• 1984 Hall of Fame in the World by Traditional Tae Kwon Do magazine
• 1984 Master Instructor of the Year by the American Tae Kwon Do Federation
• 1985 Man of the Year by American World Tae Kwon Do Federation
• 1986 Man of the Year by World Tae Kwon Do manazine
• Former president of the Virginia AAU (now USAT) TaeKwonDo Association
• Commendation by Virginia House of Delegates 2006 House of Delegates (2006 House Resolution 503)
• And much more . . .
"IN THE WORLD OF TAE KWON DO,
H.K. LEE IS A SUPER STAR." (USA TODAY)
Accomplishments revealing Grandmaster Lee's
never ending pursuit of perfection.