Licensed First Class International Grandmaster (Kukkiwon) # 1619001
(International Governing Body of Tae Kwon Do)
Licensed Grandmaster by the USTU # 2000-001-052
(The USTU is a Group A Member of the the United
States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the National
Governing Body of all U.S. Tae Kwon Do).
Grandmaster H.K. Lee was born in Korea and later immigrated
to the United States where he made Herndon, Virginia, his second
home. He received his U.S. citizenship in 1981. Since then,
Grandmaster Lee has dedicated himself to being a strong community-minded
citizen of his new country.
|"In the world
of Tae Kwon Do, Hyeon Kon Lee is a superstar."
- USA Today, 11/05/1985 -
In addition, Grandmaster Lee has traveled all over this and
many other countries in order to help needy people and promote
the benefits of Tae Kwon Do for everyone. He has helped organizations
raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity. His own
Tae Kwon Do academy has raised tens of thousands of dollars
for worthy charities. Internationally known and respected as
an excellent Tae Kwon Do technician, a top competitor, a caring,
talented teacher and a deep philosopher, Grandmaster H.K. Lee
is an incarnation of martial arts excellence. He will personally
help you to become physically and mentally fit and be the best
you can be. The following list reveals some of the many accomplishments
that demonstrate Grandmaster Lee’s never-ending pursuit
Click on Picture for Full-Sized view.
- Appointed to the Kukkiwon (World TaeKwonDo Headquarters) International Examiniation Committee (No: 1010672)
- Appointed Chairman of the Kukkiwon (World TaeKwonDo Headquarters) Education Committee (No: 1010817) for USA
- 9th Degree Blackbelt (No: 08-01001607) by the World TaeKwonDo Federation HQ/Kukkiwon.
- Appointed International Advisory Committee Member (no: 08558)
- Vice Chairman of the World TaeKwonDo Federation Education Committee
- Former Chairman of the U.S.T.U. National Education/Certification Committee.
- 9th Degree Blackbelt by the Korea Moo Duk Kwan Association.
- Author of "TaeKwonDo Instructional Reference and Curriculum"
- Cover story of Black Belt magazine, January 1996.
- 2 times cover story of TaeKwonDo Times, 1992 yearbook and May 1995 issue.
- 1984 Hall of Fame in the World by Traditional TaeKwonDo magazine.
- 1984 Master Instructor of the Year by the American TaeKwonDo Federation.
- 1985 Man of the Year by the American TaeKwonDo Federation.
- 1986 Man of the Year by World Tae Kwon Do magazine.
- Former undefeated Welter Weight Champion of all Asia.
- Former President of the Virginia A.A.U. (currently U.S.T.U) TaeKwonDo Association.
- And much more...
|Click on Picture
for Full-Sized view.